POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! : Re: Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors!
From: Rune
Date: 19 Aug 2007 05:47:49
Message: <46c811c5@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Rune wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I've splitted the image into several layers
>
> Ah, so the shadow is rendered as a partially transparent alpha
> channel?

Not quite. The shadow is actually a pre-rendered image_map. In the final
image, it is just rendered as a gray on white texture on a plane, like it
looks in the white version (no alpha). Then, in Paint Shop Pro, I can put a
colored layer below the shadow layer, and make the shadow layer of type
"multiply".

>> What to do, what to do...
>
> I like the white version
> best but despite everything you said would like to see a light
> metallic blue to sky blue background ;)

Are you referring to the metal as being light metallic blue and requesting a
sky blue background, or are you requesting a gradient from light metallic
blue to sky blue? Also, I'm not quite sure if you were joking or not. :P
Well anyway, here's sky blue. (I don't like it.)

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'metal12_composition_skyblue.jpg' (196 KB)

Preview of image 'metal12_composition_skyblue.jpg'
metal12_composition_skyblue.jpg