POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A shore scene redeux : A shore scene redeux Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  A shore scene redeux
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 18 Aug 2007 19:43:24
Message: <46c7841c@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I've been reworking an earlier post "A Shore Scene" ... it's still a work in
progress. Feedback on the first version prompted a change in the terrain ...
thanks Thomas for that feedback, The foreground and background are made from
the same heightfield ... just different scaling with the foreground
overlaying the background. I think it gives the scene the depth it was
missing. The background terrain looks a bit like a low tide area.

The sky/clouds .... well I departed from my concentric sphere's approach and
decided to have a look at make_clouds from Gilles Trans' website. Not
wanting to totally plagiarize his work I decided to download and use his df3
files. I wrote my own macro with enough parameters to start (trial and
error) looking for the best looking clouds I could. If anyone is interested
I could relate some of what I found out ... for now I won't go into that for
the sake of being brief.

I want to keep the dory, but I'm not really sure what to do next. I'm
thinking for balance the scene needs something midground. A dock and fishing
shack or cattails and reeds? ..... both? I know you folks have plenty of
ideas .... so what do you think?

Jim

BTW: this scene was rendered with default AA and test quality radiosity ....
so pardon the jaggies.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Dunes.jpg' (166 KB)