POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : high school math : Re: high school math Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: high school math
From: Shay
Date: 13 Aug 2007 12:01:03
Message: <46c0803f$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I feel that what makes this (and also 'only for geeks') image so appealing
> to the eye is the 'randomness' enclosed in a very strict crystal shape. I am
> not sure, a dodecaedron? And the randomness shows several elaborate
> symmetries and mirrored rotations. The more I look at it, the more I get the
> impression to look at a crystal lattice.
>
> Thomas

Thank you. I agree the constraints under which the form was created are
what make the image a success. Monochromatic, hard-line "flutterings"
are a popular (passe) CG theme. A viewer may not immediately and
consciously identify the strict Formalism of this "fluttering," but he
will, I believe, be affected by it.

 -Shay