POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : That cross, close up. : Re: That cross (attachment - 40.5kb jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That cross (attachment - 40.5kb jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 12 Aug 2007 17:55:35
Message: <46bf81d7$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>     Well, it would work with Wings models, I know this, but I'm embarrassed
> to say that don't know 'how'. I mean, how would I put,
>
>      #declare golden = <1.0, 0.8, 0.4>;
>     in the PoseRay materials file when there is already a #declare,
> <pigment - whatever>, declared, so to speek?

It seems to me you just replace the texture with your own.... you could
post a code snippit of the materials file here so I can see it's
structure, if you want.

>> That design is fantastic! It would make the perfect wedding ring for my
>> girlfriend. It resembles vines and berries, both of which carry
>> signifigance for her.
>
>      Then you have met the right jeweller Sam.   :)

I am a ways off from needing such a ring just yet...

>> front of large rocks, with a turkey baster to vaccum the sediments. (he
>> later melted it all down into an ingot, left it to cool on a concrete
>> floor and then stepped on it, burning a nasty circle into his foot)
>
>      Argh! Not good. 'Black Heat' is still *very* hot. Hope he's ok...
> Really.

It's actually been years since this happened. It was just a superficial
wound.

>> The creek I pan in is right in town. It would be a disturbace of the
>> peace to use a pump or dredge right there in town. A turkey baster is
>> inexpensive and quiet. :)
>>
>> Funny, I had a dream about gold last night. It was off-yellow...
>> practially white.  It formed wire bundles. Pretty neat.
>
>       Oh, that would be 9ct White gold then... Yes, when polished, it looks
> white, but when it gets to its natural patina, it will have a good tint of
> yellow.

I went to the creek two days ago, and had luck with the turkey-basting
syringe-type thing. Vaccumed a series of cracks and found three good
nuggets, one covered in mercury. Lots of lead, too. I plan on going
again tomorrow, to finish the job if I can.

Sam