POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) : Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Aug 2007 03:20:48
Message: <46beb4d0$1@news.povray.org>
"Grassblade" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.46bd944716060248364ceeb90@news.povray.org...
> Oh, that's a very nice image! Congratulations!
Thank you!

> I don't know if there's something wrong with my screen, but the shadow of
> the column falling in the middle of the screen has strange fuzzy edges as
> if it were painted with an irregural brush in a 2d program (which I don't
> doubt for a second that it isn't ;-) ).

What you see is the area_light effect. I may squeeze it a bit more indeed...

> The ropes are great, and I can't imagine a pier without them, but the
> ropes
> seemingly dangling from the columns strike me as peculiar.

Well, I can only say that this is a peculiar place. ;-)
As far as I know, it is an ancient temple turned into a storehouse because
of its convenient location alongside the harbour. So, all kinds of pullies
and ropes have been attached to the ceiling etc...

Thomas