POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) : Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:11:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Aug 2007 03:16:12
Message: <46beb3bc$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <shay@s.s> schreef in bericht news:46bda93a$1@news.povray.org...
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> I fully agree. A distinction should be made indeed and these kind of
>> images/scenes, in my view, are not intended to be hanging on a wall.
>
> I hope you didn't miss my point that I believe this scene to be an
> exception to that rule - perhaps because it's not as full a scene as it
> appears to be. The focus of the image is narrow and obvious. The simple
> surroundings frame rather than distract from the subject. Realist
> stylizations don't allow for much editorialization, but I think you've
> used what tools are available within that stylization very effectively.

No, no! I got your point, Shay, and thanks indeed for it. It is what I want
to achieve, beyond the strictly anecdotal. Still, I have to say that it is a
difficult balancing act. In a sense, I want the beholder to become an
accomplice in the scene he/she is watching, turning him/her into a peeping
tom as it were.
I want to add one more element to this scene and I am aware that it may
destroy the effect, making it too explicit. If that is so, I shall leave it
out.

Thomas