POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) : Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Aug 2007 03:06:09
Message: <46bd5fe1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <shay@s.s> schreef in bericht news:46bcab00$1@news.povray.org...
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>

> Excellent.
Thank you, Shay !

> Realist full-scenes often impress on a computer screen, but there are
> few I can imagine printed on a wall. Realist full-scenes seem so dry in
> comparison to abstract, impressionist, or still-life works. This one
> will be an exception if you can get an attractive render.

I fully agree. A distinction should be made indeed and these kind of
images/scenes, in my view, are not intended to be hanging on a wall. At
best, they illustrate a story - which is tricky in itself - or they serve as
a basis for a story. They have no function whatsoever on a wall because they
would be rapidly boring and disappointing. I am, at heart, a storyteller and
not a painter. As such, these scenes are the materializations of visions
from my mind's eye.

Thomas