POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower and Metal WIP4 : Re: Flower and Metal WIP4 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower and Metal WIP4
From: Rune
Date: 10 Aug 2007 16:13:19
Message: <46bcc6df@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Rune wrote:
>> I have troubles deciding on a name for the image.
>
> "Urban Renaissance" has some interesting conceptual shades.

That sounds interesting. Care to explain them? :)

> Very nice model. Are you planning on printing this?

Yes, but not as one big poster. Rather as six posters, with each box being
one poster in an aluminium frame, the three smallest ones being in A4 format
and the biggest one being 60x90 cm.

> Printing a papery
> texture (the texture around the boxes) onto paper will produce a
> cheapish-looking result in my opinion.

The texture is supposed to be a wall texture - a simulation of the wall that
the six posters will be hung on.

> Of course, building a real thingwithholes would be best.

Though not the same, the idea here is quite similar. :)

Attached is a different simulation using a real photograph.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'metal_flowers_posters_small.jpg' (68 KB)

Preview of image 'metal_flowers_posters_small.jpg'
metal_flowers_posters_small.jpg