POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MusicBox WIP : Re: MusicBox WIP Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MusicBox WIP
From: Alain
Date: 10 Aug 2007 06:00:13
Message: <46bc372d$1@news.povray.org>
David E. LeMasters nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/08/09 20:53:
> My grand-children have enjoyed playing this music box for quite some time.
> I thought it might be an interesting subject to model.  I'm reasonably
> happy with the modeling so far.  I still need to add a handle and record
> storage slot on the back, but you can't see that from this angle.  I'm not
> completely happy with the textures though.  I can't seem to get an orange
> that as bright as the real thing.  The other colors are a bit flat too.
> Any suggestion or comments would be appreciated.

You may need to use a small amount of reflection.
Try altering the brillance.
Those toys tend to have high colour saturation, no blue in the orange. Maybe a
little more green to make it yellower.

--
Alain
Judaism: Why does this shit always happen to us?