POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MusicBox WIP : Re: MusicBox WIP Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MusicBox WIP
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Aug 2007 03:46:24
Message: <46bc17d0@news.povray.org>
"David E. LeMasters" <dle### [at] comcastnet> schreef in bericht
> My grand-children have enjoyed playing this music box for quite some time.
> I thought it might be an interesting subject to model.  I'm reasonably
> happy with the modeling so far.  I still need to add a handle and record
> storage slot on the back, but you can't see that from this angle.  I'm not
> completely happy with the textures though.  I can't seem to get an orange
> that as bright as the real thing.  The other colors are a bit flat too.
> Any suggestion or comments would be appreciated.

Not having the original in front of me, I would say that the colors are
excellent and the plastic feel of the toy very well rendered.
However, you may want to experiment with phong rather than specular and add
a tiny bit of red to the orange?
It is partly a matter of taste, but I generally prefer specular to phong,
and then play with different roughness values, but in this particular case,
phong might do the trick.

Thomas