POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lostguy WIP #4 : Re: Lostguy WIP #4 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lostguy WIP #4
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 9 Aug 2007 04:03:08
Message: <46baca3c$1@news.povray.org>
scam wrote:
> Hi Tim, I really like this new version! The focal blur adds a lot to my eye,
> and I  like that it looks like a scale model.
>
> Some alternative ideas (not suggestions for improvement though, the image is
> already very good): now that the scene looks like a miniature, perhaps
> changing the sign posts so they look more like a pin would really emphasis
> the actual scale of the image you want to convey. One other idea is to
> extend the road in a ring all around the hill, with an extra path heading
> off towards the top left corner. At the moment the little man looks like he
> has many things to chose between, but only two actual paths to he can go
> down.

I was already thinking about some more paths, it really does look like
he's got lots of directions but only two choices. I don't think I need
as many paths as directions, often there are only a couple of possible
things to do, even if you aim for different outcomes.

As for using pins: that'd be *really* tiny. I do enjoy the model feel,
but don't want to create an actual measurement for the scene. It just
feels more abstract and less real as an image, which I find attractive
on this image.

> Very nice image though.

Thanks. :-)

--