POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lostguy WIP #4 : Lostguy WIP #4 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Lostguy WIP #4
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 8 Aug 2007 19:44:57
Message: <46ba5579@news.povray.org>
The next iteration on the Lost Guy.

Added some focal blur and implemented first steps for the paths. The
texture on the path needs works (just plain brown so far), and maybe
I'll place stones there instead of keeping it bare.

Focal Blur adds a lot to the feel of the image. When used heavily,
scenes often look like miniatures, and in this case gives it all a model
feeling, like a small set up scenery. I kinda like it, as it heads in
the direction of "this image is just a description, a model, to explain
reality's chaos".

The wooden signs in this context feel much like "should look like wood,
but feels a little artificial" and is fitting IMHO.

All in all, the image kinda got a fun and cheery spin to it, which I
didn't expect, but like.

My friend Eva also mentioned that the guy needs work, his shoulders look
dislocated and the proportions aren't right. Funny how you can look at
things forever and someone else has to tell you the obvious. :-)

Anyways, just wanted to share.

Oh, and to keep the rendertimes low, the sky is now pre-rendered and
then just mapped onto a quad in the background. Focal blurring media
takes ages...

Regards,
Tim

--