POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lostguy WIP #3 : Re: Lostguy WIP #3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lostguy WIP #3
From: Alain
Date: 4 Aug 2007 23:49:03
Message: <46b548af@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/08/03 20:32:
> Ross wrote:
>>> Still feel the need to come up with something resembling a path on the
>>> grass, but one step at a time...
>>
>> That was my initial response. "There are no paths, no one has had to make
>> these decisions before?"
>
> Good idea, but wrong approach. You may think that you've had to make
> similiar decisions, but you never make the same decisions. So basically,
> I don't really need a path, unless you follow the idea that these paths
> aren't 100% free choice, that they might be tended to by something
> higher/lower. That's something I'm keeping in mind when trying to come
> up with a design for the path and how to model it.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

I'm thinking of a circular path around the direction posts. That path, by
itself, don't lead anywhere, it's just the remain of the previous ones that
passed by, and their pondering about what path to chose...

--
Alain
Don't kiss an elephant on the lips today.