POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower and Metal WIP4 : Re: Flower and Metal WIP4 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower and Metal WIP4
From: Alain
Date: 1 Aug 2007 19:43:44
Message: <46b11ab0$1@news.povray.org>
Rune nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/08/01 19:08:
> Not much may *seem* changed here, but I've worked a lot on the small
> details.
>
> First of all, the stems have a different color and texture. I hope they
> don't look so unhealthy now?
>
> The stems had some problems with intersecting with the metal quite a few
> places. I started fixing that manually by moving control points in the
> splines, but that turned out to be both very difficult and very boring. So I
> wrote an algorithm that moves the stems out of the way of the metal, using a
> lot of trace() calls. Once I got it tweaked, it did a lot better job at it
> than I could ever have done myself. The image should be free of intersecting
> objects now. If you spot any at all, please let me know!
>
> I think I have decided not to have any leaves on the stems. It would look
> odd with brown or red or gray leaves, which are really the only acceptable
> colors in this image. Green is still not an option...
>
> I have troubles deciding on a name for the image. Various ideas have been
>
> "Broken Canvas" - focus perhaps too much on the form and not the content?
>
> "Metal and Flowers" - the simple approach - I'm not so sure.
>
> I've also toyed with several ideas trying to convey the theme of the image,
> but none that I'm satisfied with.
> "Organic Design" "Artificial Organics" "Organic Artifacts"
> Maybe "Constructed Growth"? "Designed Growth"? "Grown Constructions"?
>
> *sigh* I don't know...
>
> Rune

Metal Flowers?
Growing Metal?

What you did to make the connection of the aparently free floating piece, also
made the all metal look somewhat harder. It nicely increase the
organic/inorganic contrast.

--
Alain
I bet exercise equipment would be a lot more