POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower and Metal WIP3 : Re: Flower and Metal WIP3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:07:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower and Metal WIP3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Jul 2007 08:13:57
Message: <46af2785$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> schreef in bericht
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> In fact, what I was thinking about (to make my intention clearer) was
>> to have some thin, greenish, traces inside the overall brown texture
>> and along the stems.
>
> Well that is interesting actually. I'm already doing just that, only with
> white instead of green. I didn't find any reference images of stems where
> brown and green is mixed, but I'll look into the possibility.

I think that white will indeed work better for your image. My green
suggestion is probably based on the twig/bark transition that you can see in
young trees or in young branches. As an afterthought, this would not be so
realistic in your case.

Thomas