POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower and Metal WIP3 : Re: Flower and Metal WIP3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower and Metal WIP3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Jul 2007 03:21:33
Message: <46aee2fd@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> schreef in bericht

>> The brown of the stems is still a bit odd maybe... I don't know,
>> perhaps a tiny bit of green mixed to it will do the job?
>
> Green doesn't work well. A *little* green added to brown just makes it
> more yellow and makes it look even more unhealthy. It's all brown or all
> green, nothing in between, and green doesn't work for me here (I've
> tried - it ruins the feel I want to create).
>
> However, I'm experimenting with other more healthy looking shades of
> brown.

I totally agree.
In fact, what I was thinking about (to make my intention clearer) was to
have some thin, greenish, traces inside the overall brown texture and along
the stems. But that might also ruin your intention/vision. You will come up
with just the perfect solution, I am sure  :-)

Thomas