POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower and Metal WIP3 : Re: Flower and Metal WIP3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower and Metal WIP3
From: Rune
Date: 30 Jul 2007 14:05:08
Message: <46ae2854$1@news.povray.org>
Ger wrote:
> I love the overall composition, really well done.

Thanks!

> Having been a professional welder, those welds look stunningly real.

I'm glad to hear that! I've been working mostly from reference images.

> I do have a little iffi about how the metal looks. If it's new it's
> more shiny, if it's old it's looks more "gritty". The welds suggest
> it's aluminum and then the surface should be a duller gray-ish gritty
> surface.

Hmm. It's been difficult for me to find good reference images of metal up
very close. I'm definitely going for "new". How do you mean that new metal
is more shiny? Overall, I'm satisfied with the metal myself though at this
point.

> The flowers...DNTA (Do Not Touch Anymore) simply brilliant.

:)

> Not to sure about how the stems look.

I'm experimenting with a better texture for the stems.

> Just one thing in the composition that bugs me is the free hanging
> piece of metal in the lower left picture. All the others seem to
> sprout from the bottom except for that one bit.

As indicated in other posts, it's not hanging. I've changed the piece so
that this is a bit more clear to see.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com