POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower and Metal WIP3 : Re: Flower and Metal WIP3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower and Metal WIP3
From: Alain
Date: 29 Jul 2007 09:37:56
Message: <46ac9834@news.povray.org>
Ger nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/29 01:07:
> Rune wrote:
>
>> Just an update.
>>
>> I got the normals issue on the stem fixed (related to my post about
>> "problem with normals and stretched uv maps") and I've dropped using
>> subsurface scattering.
>>
>> After putting in a drop shadow on the background I've been playing around
>> with the stem color and found, surprisingly, that I prefer the stems
>> non-transparent and colored after all. The saturated brown creates a nice
>> contrast to the gray shades and doesn't hog all the focus the way I had
>> thought.
>>
>> I've attached both the top image at 100dpi and an image with the overall
>> composition of the 6 images.
>>
>> I need to fix a few things still. One major question I haven't decided on
>> yet is - should the stems have some kind of leaves here and there...?
>>
>> Rune
>
> I love the overall composition, really well done.
> Having been a professional welder, those welds look stunningly real.
> I do have a little iffi about how the metal looks. If it's new it's more
> shiny, if it's old it's looks more "gritty". The welds suggest it's
> aluminum and then the surface should be a duller gray-ish gritty surface.
> The flowers...DNTA (Do Not Touch Anymore) simply brilliant.
> Not to sure about how the stems look.
> Just one thing in the composition that bugs me is the free hanging piece of
> metal in the lower left picture. All the others seem to sprout from the
> bottom except for that one bit.
The piece just apears to be free hanging. Look at the bottom right part: ther's
a piece that reatch under another. In the left part, it emerge from behind that
one, only with a highlight that make it fade in the bachground.

--
Alain
We did not raise armies for glory or for conquest.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'metal9 part.jpg' (21 KB)

Preview of image 'metal9 part.jpg'