POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower and Metal WIP3 : Flower and Metal WIP3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Flower and Metal WIP3
From: Rune
Date: 28 Jul 2007 19:13:58
Message: <46abcdb6@news.povray.org>
Just an update.

I got the normals issue on the stem fixed (related to my post about "problem
with normals and stretched uv maps") and I've dropped using subsurface
scattering.

After putting in a drop shadow on the background I've been playing around
with the stem color and found, surprisingly, that I prefer the stems
non-transparent and colored after all. The saturated brown creates a nice
contrast to the gray shades and doesn't hog all the focus the way I had
thought.

I've attached both the top image at 100dpi and an image with the overall
composition of the 6 images.

I need to fix a few things still. One major question I haven't decided on
yet is - should the stems have some kind of leaves here and there...?

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'metal_a4_5.jpg' (102 KB) Download 'metal9.jpg' (165 KB)

Preview of image 'metal_a4_5.jpg'
metal_a4_5.jpg

Preview of image 'metal9.jpg'
metal9.jpg