POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower and Metal WIP2 : Re: Flower and Metal WIP2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower and Metal WIP2
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 28 Jul 2007 14:11:48
Message: <46ab86e4@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:
> I might play around a bit more and try to get the sss to work, but I found
> some nice texture settings that look pretty nice too, so maybe sss won't be
> necessary after all.
>
> Rune

There's a certain sss technique I never posted here, but it may work
with this.

The idea is to scale a transparent copy of your target object slightly
larger than the visible object(with blobs, play with threshold). The
transparent object has a positive ior and refractive photons. The count
parameter in global_settings->photons adjusts how sharp the shadows
appear on your target object. Might be worth a try.

~Sam