POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Free chain mail texture : Re: Free chain mail texture Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:59:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free chain mail texture
From: St
Date: 26 Jul 2007 22:18:20
Message: <46a955ec$1@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>>
>>       Seriously, everything is A/ok.
>>

> Let's hope so.

   Well, it is.  :)

 I must admit I've not yet modelled as much
> new (and necessary) objects for my animation idea as i had hoped because i
> got stuck refining existing models instead... (been leafing through
> Koenigsmarck's tutorials again, and couldn't resist tweaking face
> polygons...)
>
> http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070727_000401_snap.jpg

   Oooo, she's a mean-lookin' Ladysphinx! I like that bling too...

> Added some more teeth (now six up front, which actually is non-human if
> you try to fit the canines into the picture, but seems to look more
> "natural" (cough) ;) and fixed the arrangement into something a little
> less of a straight line. Also had phong shading off, too. D'oh.

     The teeth work for me.

> And, another spaceship type added to the arsenal:
> http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070718_215626_Test2.mpg
> (added some more detail since this version)
>
> Lessons learned:
> - adding/removing polygons kills the guide placement of Cinema4D's hair
> generator. Whoops. Didn't expect that to happen.
> - Save. Document. Now. Or else...

     Oh, tell me about it. I've had our electric going off before now,
and... didn't save. That is so annoying.

> Oh, regarding TC-RTC website: is it intentional that members can
> (pre-)view uploaded entries during the timeframe?

    For the life of me, I can't remember how the IRTC did it, (it's been so
long), but for now, I don't see any harm in it, unless others can point out
possible pitfalls?

      ~Steve~