POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : stone and brick wall : Re: stone and brick wall Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stone and brick wall
From: dlm
Date: 24 Jul 2007 23:21:03
Message: <46a6c19f$1@news.povray.org>
> So far I have a more or less convincing brick texture (not perfectly
> suitable for close-ups as can be seen in brickwall-zoomedin.jpg),

Good stuff Zeger,
Do you allow variability in the dimensions of bricks? I'm used to English
style bricks which are not so elongated.
See http://www.sizes.com/materls/modular_brick.htm for a reference for
different styles and dimensions. When bricks are laid and dressed some sort
of bar (often cylindrical or square) is pulled along the cement leaving a
concave depression - the grain follows the brick edges. Your closeup bricks
appear to be projected over the cement resulting in an unreal feeling. Also
there is too much cement.

As always, I look forward to more of your excellent work.

dlm