POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : stone and brick wall : Re: stone and brick wall Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stone and brick wall
From: Paul Fuller
Date: 24 Jul 2007 19:38:25
Message: <46a68d71@news.povray.org>
Very nice stone wall.  Some suggestions:

- Perhaps tone down the colour variation and degree of pitting of the
stones.  In practice the stones would likely be quarried from the same
place and would have less variation.  Still this is very pretty so make
it a parameter ?
- A real stone wall would also need to be much thicker to stand safely
- The lintel would also have to be thicker (in height) and more deeply
set (extending further beyond the left and right sides of the window space

The brick wall looks good at a distance.  In closeup I'd say that the
mortar needs to be thinner and with a much finer pattern.  The brick
texture looks smoother than in reality but of course adding the required
roughness would be quite difficult.  I like the dirt / mold overlay.

I'd love to see progress so please keep us posted.