POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! : Re: Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:08:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors!
From: andrel
Date: 20 Aug 2007 17:32:22
Message: <46CA0960.4070904@hotmail.com>
Rune wrote:
> andrel wrote:

>> BTW how much time would it take to paint your background and the wall
>> e.g. mint green in the full room image (with different textures so
>> there is a small difference in color)?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. I can easily make a preview with any color for
> the image backgrounds and any color for the wall if you give me some color
> vectors (it's easier than me having to guess what color you mean). I'm not
> sure what you mean about "different textures so there is a small difference
> in color".

Your wall may be plaster or something like that, the printed images will
be on much smoother paper even glossy and possibly with a layer of glass
in front. So even if you use exactly the same color the percepted color
will be slightly different. Well you know that of course, you use POV ;)

You already did a white background for a white wall and my question was
simply if you could easily change the color of the wall in your room
scene to match the image background just to see what that would look
like in a more real situation. Just out of curiosity.

BTW I didn't see your 'khaki' background before I posted, otherwise I
would have suggested a khaki wall in stead.