POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower and Metal WIP4 : Re: Flower and Metal WIP4 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower and Metal WIP4
From: andrel
Date: 6 Aug 2007 16:53:53
Message: <46B78B58.6000807@hotmail.com>
A repost, not because it was a particularly good post, but just to see
if I can recreate part of the history that was lost in the crash.
It's my duty as a member of the Campaign for Real Time.
----------

Rune wrote:
[snip]

I like it.

 > I have troubles deciding on a name for the image. Various ideas have been
 >
 > "Broken Canvas" - focus perhaps too much on the form and not the content?
 >
 > "Metal and Flowers" - the simple approach - I'm not so sure.
 >
 > I've also toyed with several ideas trying to convey the theme of the
image, but none that I'm satisfied with.
 > "Organic Design" "Artificial Organics" "Organic Artifacts"
 > Maybe "Constructed Growth"? "Designed Growth"? "Grown Constructions"?

"Distributed render no 1" (assuming more will follow).

"Put your petal through the metal"

Something with Iris in it. If you were Dutch I would suggest "Iris Copy"
but that might not translate (Iridology seems to be the english
translation of what this is supposed to be a pun of)

"iridium"