POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Can we modify resolution of images rendered ? : Re: Can we modify resolution of images rendered ? Server Time
19 May 2024 15:30:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can we modify resolution of images rendered ?
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Jul 2007 21:32:07
Message: <469ebf17$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> The "ppp/ppi" information is any image file is just a number, and a
> meaningless one at that.

Some layout software uses it to pick the default size for an image when
you place it on a page. That's about it. I just use PaintShop to
globally change the "resolution" of a bunch of images I took with my
camera, or I'd wind up having to manually shrink them all from 10 feet
wide down to fit on the page.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     I bet exercise equipment would be a lot more