POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Atrapado (Trapped) : Re: Atrapado (Trapped) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Atrapado (Trapped)
From: Alain
Date: 18 Jul 2007 06:00:22
Message: <469de4b6$1@news.povray.org>
Warp nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/17 18:39:
> Arno wrote:
>> I'm experimenting with night/dark scenes as well. Can you give some hints
>> how to achieve higher contrast in a scene? Sorry for the noob question...
>
>   Lower ambient_light in global_settings (0 would be a good start).
> Use #default { finish { ... } } to try different settings for surface
> finishes which brighten bright areas and darken dark areas. Look for
> all the finish keywords in the documentation.
ambient_lights in global_settings is for changing the global colour of the
ambient. DON'T set it to zero if you want any glowing object (high ambient).
Use #default{finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1}}
This will set all ambient to zero unless explicitely set in the finish.

--
Alain
A dog is not "almost human" , and I know of no greater insult to the canine race

                                   John Holmes