POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : That cross, close up. : Re: That cross, close up. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That cross, close up.
From: St
Date: 15 Jul 2007 14:00:39
Message: <469a60c7$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:4699d59f@news.povray.org...
>> Now with a brooch, or, as some of you might call it, a pin. With this
>> image I cranked it up and used +a0.0 +am2, and it took 6.5 hours! The
>> first two images took just 30 mins. each with standard AA.
>>

> What I had not seen earlier, is that you seem to have used a (subdued)
> celtic pattern as a basis, haven't you?

    Yes Thomas! :o)  In the earrings, it's a very easy and subtle
'over-and-under' pattern signfying the celtic style. Of course, the 'Tree of
Life' was also prevelant back then, apparently. ;)

 > In the brooch it shows more.

 Did you notice that the brooch is the earring design doubled-up? I'm sure
you did. Getting that celtic knot (known as a 'Josephine knot'*) in the
middle is just the top loops of the earrings interlaced with eachother - I
raised some loop-edges, and lowered some others.

> Excellent work, btw. You are a multi-talented fellow Steve.

     Dang! You keep blushing, and now I am... Thank you.

     ~Steve~

   * It was only about 7 years ago that I learnt this name for this pattern,
even though I'd used the pattern fairly extensively in my jewellery designs.
The name, and the pattern, has significant meaning for me - my mother's name
was Josephine, and that's also my daughters name too...