POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first image! : Re: My first image! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first image!
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 14 Jul 2007 19:28:29
Message: <46995c1d@news.povray.org>
High!

Bill Pragnell schrieb:

> Yes, I remember being endlessly pleased with myself for making shiny balls
> and cylinders on flat boxes or in dull rooms! Later I'd start an ambitious
> project then abandon it when the render time for 320x240 reached days, and
> move onto something new...

There's another German "raytracerer" who showed even more endurance back

with DKB-Trace on a 80386! He is still on the scene, I remember him
haved showed up here some months ago...

> Not bad at all. I never played with heightfields until quite later on...

For me, heightfields were an important thing from the very beginning
(Khyberspace of course!) - albeit I firstly had no idea what they were
really about. In fact, I remember starting with bezier patches to build
landscape reliefs (back in 1996 when isosurfaces were not even dreamt
of) and annoying the Moray development team with stupid newbie questions...

See you on www.khyberspace.de !

Yadgar