POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ManBearPig : Re: ManBearPig Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ManBearPig
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 14 Jul 2007 18:32:07
Message: <46994ee7@news.povray.org>
OK, first I had a image map, then used random
points and eval_pigment to place a bunch of flat
smaller boxes, which resulted in a "serat" kind of
image which was a little too clear, so I did it
again with bigger boxes, and that resulted in a
"van gogh" sort of image, but the edges of things
were too "furry", so I dumped the two images
together with multiply in PSP, and tweaked the
brightness...

#declare ManBearPig = pigment {
   image_map {
      jpeg "bear.jpg"
      map_type 0
      interpolate 2
      once
   }
};
union {
#declare S = seed(1);
#declare c = 0;
#while (c<=30000)
   #local ep = <rand(S),rand(S),0>;
   #local ec = eval_pigment(ManBearPig, ep);
   //sphere { 0, 0.005
   box {<-0.003,-0.003,-0.002>,<0.003,0.003,0>
      rotate 45*z
      scale <1,1,1> // scale <5,5,1>
      pigment{color ec}
      scale <1,1,0.25>