POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Lightsys and some Povman to boot. : Re: More Lightsys and some Povman to boot. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Lightsys and some Povman to boot.
From: Alain
Date: 14 Jul 2007 10:43:29
Message: <4698e111@news.povray.org>
fls13 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/13 15:19:
> "Grassblade" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> Hmm, am I missing something or she isn't reflecting in the sphere? The skin
>> hack looks good for the most part, but the upper torso looks almost like
>> iridescence rather than sss.
>> Regarding the model herself, I can't quite put my finger on it but I find
>> her unsettling. It looks like it's a beautiful woman about to turn into a
>> vampire or something. :-p
>
> Guess the figure isn't at the right angle, therefore no reflection. It's the
> same setting for the head and torso skin although the textures are
> different, must be that.
With reflections on a sphere, there is no such thing as "not at the right
angle", there is only "to far off to have a sizable reflection". That, with
focal blur, can make something disapears.

> Hopefully it's the lighting that gives the head the about-to-be-a-vampire
> look. I've been working on lighting and shadow to give a more dramatic look
> to the heads I use and horror is one of my favorite genres. So I like good
> heroic characters and evil villains, no in between. :O)

There is "in between", but they tend to die fast (hapless victims)... or are
only seen in the background (place holder/background figurants).

--
Alain
You are always doing something marginal when the boss drops by your desk.