POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower of life :: WIP 02 : Re: Flower of life :: WIP 02 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower of life :: WIP 02
From: St
Date: 13 Jul 2007 08:59:25
Message: <4697772d@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:46966c2b$2@news.povray.org...
>>

>>    Ooooh, nice! You do know that it would be a helluva job for a jeweller
>> to produce this?    ;)
>>

> It is indeed very beautiful!
> How would you tackle this Steve? Filigree?

    Hmm, I had to look at Txemi's first image to see what's involved. It
could be made the filigree way, but I think it would be faster to make it by
piercing the pattern out with a saw. You'd draw the pattern on a piece of
sheet silver, and then saw out all the bits that you don't need, leaving an
open lattice. With the settings, I'd make a model and get it cast to save
time. :)

     ~Steve~