POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hard rhyolite (146kb jpg) : Re: Hard rhyolite (146kb jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hard rhyolite (146kb jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 12 Jul 2007 15:03:51
Message: <46967b17@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:

> I agree with Thomas - looks wonderful, but er, run that past me again? :)

Thanks. I'll just have to make a tutorial. It would be easer to explain
the process visually (I'm a visual learner myself).

> Rock is so hard to get right. The only satisfactory solution I have found
> is isosurfaces, which carry their own problems.

Isosurfaces. Yeah. Two major reasons I don't use them for this kind of
thing: long render times, floating rocks. When I get a new computer, I
might be inclined to go back to them.

> I like the lack of scale
> here - these could easily be either the size of steps, or vast towering
> slabs. Keep it up!

I will! thanks!

~Sam