POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hard rhyolite (146kb jpg) : Hard rhyolite (146kb jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Hard rhyolite (146kb jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 12 Jul 2007 00:25:48
Message: <4695ad4c@news.povray.org>
Hi again!

My goal was to increase the realism of height_field rocks by separately
texturing the edges, the sides, and the inside edges of the formation.

To meet this goal I employed an edge-finding pigment to determine the
outside and inside edges of the rocks, and then used it as a patterned
texture_map. To save time on the final render, I used Rune's illusion
include library to project the edge data onto the rocks at render time.

The scene was rendered with low radiosity settings. Slight noise and a
black border were added with the Gimp. I gave it a final pass with a
POV-based, luminous color bleeding effect.

I still have farther to take this technique. Is it looking promising so
far? Questions, comments, appreciated as always~

~Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rocks.jpg' (147 KB)