POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : star ruby (96kb jpg) : Re: star ruby (96kb jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: star ruby (96kb jpg)
From: Alain
Date: 11 Jul 2007 19:40:15
Message: <46956a5f$1@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/11 15:24:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Just a small image today. It's a star ruby for a website I'll be making
> for my friend who deals in gemstones. I thought I'd incorporate it into
> the logo. What do you think? Is it convincing? I didn't do anything
> fancy for the star; it's just a pigment.
>
> Questions and/or comments are welcome, as always~
>
> ~Sam

Just did a quick search about star rubys.
Your's is particularly smooth, as most of those I found where showing multiple
flake like internal reflections and highlights. They showed colours going from
pink to purple.
Nice stone.

--
Alain
Expert, n.: Someone who comes from out of town and shows slides.