POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Confirmation email : Re: Confirmation email Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Confirmation email
From: St
Date: 4 Jul 2007 02:30:03
Message: <468b3e6b$1@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in message
> > St. wrote:
> >> Folks, could anyone tell me if they DID receive a
> confirmation email
> >> when registering with the TC-RTC?
>
> Markus Altendorff wrote:
>
>> Need to check once i'm back from work to see, else i'll need my login
>> info re-sent (again...)
>
> No, could patch it all together from the mail back-and-forth we had in
> March (?).

     Yep, I remember.  :o)

> There's already been a winner announced? Wasn't that supposed to take a
> week or two? :)

    Yes, but apparently, that's harder to implement at the moment (which I
didn't know). I want it so that the winner is chosen one week after the
deadline, and that's the way it's going to be. But for now, I'm not *too*
bothered as I think those images are all equal. (My opinion only). It should
be corrected for the end of this next topic and animations.

> Oh, and some ideas for the website: "Next"/"Previous" buttons on the "view
> image" page would be nice.

     Good idea. This will be done.

> Showing the images scaled-down is nice, but actually scaling down and
> creating a thumbnail for them that's less than 300 kB each may be even
> nicer :)

     YIKES! Damn Broadband! Well spotted Markus! They loaded so quick for
me, I didn't bother looking. Ok, this will be sorted.

> And let's not forget the second category "animations" :) from hearsay, i
> learned that there are already entries waiting :)

      Oh, this will be implemented before the end of July that's for sure.
:o)  I wouldn't and won't let you down on this.

> -Markus
>
> P.S. Hoo boy, i don't think all those ":)" remarks are going to be as
> funny as they seem to me now once i regain consciousness tomorrow
> morning... ;)

   On the contrary Markus, you've been a great help. Thank you.

      ~Steve~