POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ambient occlusion experiment : Re: Ambient occlusion experiment Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:14:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ambient occlusion experiment
From: Anthony D'Agostino
Date: 3 Jul 2007 10:38:03
Message: <468a5f4b$1@news.povray.org>
That's a nice effect. You say it's noisy and can get slower for complex
scenes. Sunflow has fast and clean AO, you should check out the source and
see if you can get some ideas.

Also, Blender's AO is very slow if you have a large object (like a large
quad for a floor), but you can speed it up by a factor of 2 or 3 if the
octree is larger. You probably know this already, but I thought I'd mention
it.