POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower and Metal WIP1 : Flower and Metal WIP1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:13:27 EDT (-0400)
  Flower and Metal WIP1
From: Rune
Date: 30 Jun 2007 22:56:20
Message: <468717d4@news.povray.org>
I'm working on a partially abstract image with a flower and some metal. It's
part of a larger work that will consist of several images. So far I've been
focusing on the overall structure, while not paying too much attention to
the small details in the image.

For this reason, some elements in the image look very crude. The flower is
an exception - I have worked on the details here, but the stem and the metal
are very simplistic. I could use some suggestions with that.

A few notes about the image:

- The flower is fictional. The flower itself is like a type of lily, but the
stem is more like a vine, climbing objects.

- The stem will stay white (or gray) in the final image. The deep red color
of the flower will be the only color in the image. The stem is also a bit
transparent. I'm looking for extreme close-up reference images of stems...

- The two parts of the metal are supposed to look like they're welded
together. I don't really know how to do that.

- The metal shape looks very crude to me, but I don't know what kind of
details I can add to make it look more real. Note that the metal shouldn't
look too old and worn - it's supposed to be somewhat shiny and new.

Comments appreciated!

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'flower_and_metal_wip1.jpg' (56 KB)

Preview of image 'flower_and_metal_wip1.jpg'
flower_and_metal_wip1.jpg