POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Study for individual clouds. : Re: Study for individual clouds. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Study for individual clouds.
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jun 2007 08:27:04
Message: <4683a918$1@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> schreef in bericht
> Hi friends!
>
> After a first pass for my study on cloudscapes, and especially sunsets, I
> focus now on individual clouds and experimenting. I use the POV's basic
> scene for the environment. Here is a first attempt to a compact and

> Comments and advise welcome.
>
> I am aware that individual clouds are DF3'able, and that the subjet has
> already been worked (cf Gilles Tran). My concern is to try and find a
> single-pass yet effective and versatile way to get acceptable clouds, with
> means to produce a wide variety of cloud types and coverages. If it
> appears
> that a single pass process cannot meet that goal, I would like to automate
> it.

Imo, the vertical cloud is very realistic. There is one similar to that on
the 'screen' of the window I am looking through at this very moment  :-)
The horizontal one seems rather 'undefined', not much internal turbulence. I
think it needs a bit more structure.

Thomas