POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruined : Re: Ruined Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruined
From: Jim Charter
Date: 24 Jun 2007 22:12:08
Message: <467f2478@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:

> If you're using an isosurface or other pigment function-based perturbation,
> you should be able to use the same pattern to provide texturing - limit
> your grime textures to the same regions of the colour map as are used for
> the erosion.

Agreed.  Pretty much the standard approach.

>The other thing you could try is using the un-weathered base
> object to define an object pattern - only areas inside the object could
> then be textured, i.e. just the weathered sections. I don't know if these
> are practical for your purposes...

I have had some success with this approach also, basically I think I
jittered the object pattern through several minor scale changes.  I used
that approach on this chalice image.  In the test shot the green shows
where the grime colour would fall.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'img.0132.sm.jpg' (106 KB) Download 'img.0210.jpg' (40 KB)

Preview of image 'img.0132.sm.jpg'
img.0132.sm.jpg

Preview of image 'img.0210.jpg'
img.0210.jpg