POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruined : Re: Ruined Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruined
From: Hans Fink
Date: 22 Jun 2007 05:07:02
Message: <467b9136$1@news.povray.org>
Kirk Andrews wrote:
> I'm working on a scene of some ancient Greece-style ruins.  It has proved to
> be very difficult to get everything to look sufficiently weathered and
> "ruined".  But here is one of the columns as it stands at the moment.  If
> anyone has experience or suggestions in ruining things in POV, I'd love to
> hear them.

I have, albeit not in POV ;-)

I'm not sure if these damages are intentionally ring-shaped.
If so I'd suggest to cut them deeper into the column to make
the original building blocks better visible.

Otherwise a less regular shape would improve the ruined look.

Aside from that nitpicking this is very nice!

-Hans-