POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not a thesis cover : Re: Not a thesis cover Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a thesis cover
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 20 Jun 2007 22:32:53
Message: <4679e355$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>In the future, I'd like to go for Botrange in Belgium's Haute Fagnes
>>highlands, later perhaps even for Ireland's Carrantuohil or Ben Nevis in
>>Scotland! But then, thinking about discarded NASA spacesuits would be a
>>good idea...
>>

> ...And you should go to the deepest points too! (not caves!)
> - Alexanderpolder (NL) -8m, if I am correct
> - Death Sea
> - Death Valley
> - Kara Bogaz
> ... and several others certainly
>
> Thomas

I live in Southern California, and have visted Death Valley a number of
times -- a fascinating area well worth visiting (but not in mid-summer,
of course!)  Spent a very enjoyable Christmas holiday season there a
number of years ago.  An interesting thing about Badwater (the low-point
in Death Valley, -282 feet) is that it is adjacent to a fairly steep
cliff.  And it's amusing (shocking?) to look up there to see the sign
showing sea level.

       -=- Larry -=-

PS.  Another factoid -- Mt. Whitney is only about 150 miles from Death
Valley.  Whitney (14,505 feet) is the highest peak in the contiguous
United States.  (At 20,320 feet, Mt. McKinley/Danali in Alaska is
higher.)  [Elevation data from Wikipedia...]   :-)