POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not a thesis cover : Re: Not a thesis cover Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a thesis cover
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 19 Jun 2007 17:59:22
Message: <467851ba@news.povray.org>
High!

Stephen schrieb:

> How did he get the bike up there and why a bike?
> Of all the things you associate with Netherlanders like bottle openers, old
> masters, old cheese, purses etc. where did he get the idea to take a bike to the
> top of the world? :-)

As most Dutch-made carburetors fail already in the comparatively
low-lying outskirts of Vaals, there are no buses going up the summit of
Mt. Vaalserberg, so I had to take the bike! And, believe me, it was a
truly heroic ascent, full of blizzards, avalanches, glacier crevasses,
three-digits subzero windchill and even snow leopard attacks... until
finally, I stood for the first time of my life atop the highest
elevation of a sovereign country!

In the future, I'd like to go for Botrange in Belgium's Haute Fagnes
highlands, later perhaps even for Ireland's Carrantuohil or Ben Nevis in
Scotland! But then, thinking about discarded NASA spacesuits would be a
good idea...

See you on www.khyberspace.de !

Yadgar