POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoseRay 3.11.0 released: comments for future improvements : Re: PoseRay 3.11.0 released: comments for future improvements Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoseRay 3.11.0 released: comments for future improvements
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Jun 2007 08:20:29
Message: <4677ca0d$1@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht

> Well, you bring up an interesting point because I had never thought of
> using
> more than one Poser file for a single image. But, its good to keep in mind
> if I ever get that much going in a Poser scene. I also heard that lowering
> the max undos in Poser 7 can help. I think the default is 100, which is a
> lot!!
> And thanks for starting a thread on PoseRay. I think it's a great program
> and I can learn a few things here, like scaling the bump mapping.

Up till now, the maximum number of figures I have been manipulating at the
same time in Poser is two. I think that one can easily do scene building.
However, personally, I prefer to that in POV-Ray. Where dynamic cloth
simulation is concerned, the choice could be to do some of them separately.
Only where clothes are overlapping and interacting with each other, you have
to keep them together. Remember though, that each simulation is done
separately nonetheless and saved in dynamic files. Loading those files takes
time. A couple of times I thought that Poser had frozen, but it was just
runs smoothly.

Another issue that you may come across when using several Poser figures in
the same POV-Ray scene, is that you reach fairly rapidly the swapping limit
of your system during render.

Thomas