POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lost Guy - WIP : Lost Guy - WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Lost Guy - WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 17 Jun 2007 10:29:27
Message: <46754547@news.povray.org>
Just a WIP I've been working on for about a week or so.

Lately, I've often begun images, but don't manage to finish them. Most
of the time, what I want to say with them doesn't really fit into a
single image, or it evolves as time progresses and I later don't see
what I saw when I started the image. Kinda shows how chaotic my life is
to me at the moment...

Anyways, back to the image. The signposts where scripted, all I do is
collect words I want on them, and assign them to a small and simple
script. It positions the texts on small signs, attaches them to a post
and places it on the hill. Thus, over time, the sign-maze gets thicker,
as I think of more words.

The little person was modelled with the Silo 2.0 Beta. I'm no good at
organic/human modelling so far, always want to exercise it more, but
never get around to it, so I'm sticking with more stylized figures. I'm
pondering about modifying my furry fellows or such. Creating a small
"Tim Nikias" World, so-to-speak, in which I don't have to use human
forms to make the messages for universal, but that is probably for later
images, unless I give my fellows some arms or such.

The hill is a pattern-based heightfield, the grass was dug up from my
old "Miss You (while you're gone)" image. I'm thinking about modifying
it a little and make it available to the public: It creates a set of
grass-blades (like 50 or so, set via parameter), and reuses these to
create small bushels, where each bushel is random again. Thus, memory is
kept low (the blades are meshes and thus, reusing them doesn't require
much memory), even though it all looks pretty random.

Yet to to is some more work on the ground (plain brown isn't realistic,
is it?), some stones (maybe arrange for a path or two) and a background
and proper sky. Lighting is also just preliminary so far.

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"