POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoseRay 3.11.0 released: comments for future improvements : Re: PoseRay 3.11.0 released: comments for future improvements Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoseRay 3.11.0 released: comments for future improvements
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Jun 2007 08:40:36
Message: <46752bc4@news.povray.org>

news:467522be@news.povray.org...
> High!
>
> Thomas de Groot schrieb:
>
>> The attached image resumes the comments above and shows how the figure
>> and the hair should be.
>
> Wow... the first real PoV longhair in about seven years since I read this
> group! Awesome... now grow him a Vercingetorix-style Gaul moustache and
> send him in full armour to Gergovia (not Alesia, that would be too
> cruel...)!

There are a couple of long hair figures/props (for males!) available in
Poser. This is one of the latest coming with James G2.
Yes a moustache is indicated indeed  :-)
However, a truly Celtic hairdress would involve limed hair, combed backwards
and up into rigid spikes.

> A more practical question: his hair looks as it was partially tied up in
> the back - is it so?

That is true. That is why the morphs are attached to the neck for this
particular hair figure.

> But at picture tells me that with PoseRay, a true self portrait would be
> at least theoretically possible...

Not only theoretically!! Not in Poseray, but in the Poser Face Room, you can
scan in a portrait of yourself and apply that to the figure. You will obtain
a (fairly) correct avatar of yourself. However, from comments I have read in
the Poser forums, this is not as straightforward as it seems...

Thomas