POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not a thesis cover : Not a thesis cover Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Not a thesis cover
From: andrel
Date: 16 Jun 2007 19:11:45
Message: <46746F20.4000504@hotmail.com>
It has been some time since my last post here. One of the reasons is
that most of what I make is (partly) related to my work and based on
data from colleagues. This image is inspired by work of a remote
colleague and sufficiently different from my own subject to be fairly
confident that I am the only intellectual owner.

For those of you that don't know what a glycocalyx is: it is a layer of
long sugary molecules that line the inside of vessels as a sort of
gelatin. It a.o. prevents the blood cells from direct contact with the
vessel wall. There are more types of glycocalyx, (see e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycocalyx) but this is the one I am
referring to.

It started as an idea for a cover of a thesis in 2002 and I did never
finish it because the PhD student decided she wanted to have a much less
interesting cover. Recently I had some time to work on it again.

Don't know if I want to add things. I was thinking of pliers and/or a
surgical knife. I might also change the aspect ratio to portrait without
adding things.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'glycocalyx.jpg' (62 KB)