POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Starship WIP : Re: Starship WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Starship WIP
From: Alain
Date: 13 Jun 2007 16:54:15
Message: <46705977$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/06/13 13:36:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:48:35 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
>
>> It still strikes me as funky-looking to have a spaceship obviously not
>> designed to land in gravity nevertheless having flat decks for parking
>> runabouts on.
>
> That's exactly what I thought.
There is no thecnological explanation for those decks layoout, but a
psychological one:
The flat decks are flat to accomodate the crew, as it can be easier to orient
oneself on such a deck rather than one that fully exploit the weightlessness of
space.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing