POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just decorating a scene (166kbbu) : Re: Just decorating a scene (166kbbu) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just decorating a scene (166kbbu)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 13 Jun 2007 09:47:15
Message: <466ff563$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> The wall was plain so I put something on it.

This reminds me, indirectly, of a minor artist named Richard Tuttle.
Tuttle did sculptures.  He would paste fairly large pieces of paper,
maybe 50 inches or so across, and in a fairly simple geometric shape,
never too far from rectangular, onto a wall.  White paper, white wall.
The wall might be in some institutional setting, say a university
library.  As time progressed, the wall would receive new coats of paint
but the painters would have to paint around the Tuttle sculpture.  So
after time the wall would look fresh and new, while the papered area
would become a respository of dirt and scuffs etc.