POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP [63Kb] Studio-Lighting : Re: WIP [63Kb] Studio-Lighting Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP [63Kb] Studio-Lighting
From: Jim Charter
Date: 12 Jun 2007 19:09:21
Message: <466f27a1$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:

> But NOT black PATENT!! ... IIRC :)

LOL, yes patent leather is easier to paint and easiest to texture in a
render.  However, in terms of sexual power, it does nothing for me.

> Very nice. I read through the thread about the work that went into the
> model. If it were easy, I suppose every model would look like this.

Thanks Shay.

> I went back and looked at your object study shots recently when
> commenting on an object study render in the RTC. This shot looks very
> casual in comparison to what you have posted before in the "genre". Not
> at all like your previously posted black pointy shoes which evinced the
> same reverential feel as your religious and ceremonial object renders.

Yes.  And for slightly skewed reasons, probably not worth detailing.
But the project isn't finished yet and in fact I would say that to
complete the image to my own satisfaction, the ritual needs will make
their demands.  I would say, in fact, that I am engaging ritual in ways
with equal or even more ambition than in the earlier pieces you mention.
  To try to be more clear.  Where the project has gone involves
significant 'ritual' indulgence on my part.  Whether that will come
across in the end, I don't know.  The indulgence is the process.  The
image is, in some regard, merely a byproduct.